Rebecca Coolong, Executive Director
Rebecca can be reached at 413-693-0214 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Meghan Person, Program Manager
Meghan can be reached at 413-437-2115 or email@example.com
Pamela Root, Operations Manager
Pam can be reached at 413-693-0205 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Human Service Forum was founded in 1986 as an association of nonprofit and public agencies as well as individuals providing human services in the Pioneer Valley. The Forum was envisioned by its founders to be a vehicle for communicating the important contributions of human services to the quality of life in Pioneer Valley communities and for members to network, address problems of mutual concern, and discuss major trends and changes impacting human services.
Today the Forum’s membership includes 98 organizations and individuals with collective budgets of approximately $400 million and employing more than 16,000 people. Public officials and the media recognize the Forum as an authoritative and effective voice for the human service community.
The Human Service Forum offers opportunities for its members to learn and network.
- Various trainings are offered each year on topics relevant to human service organizations.
- Breakfast meetings are organized with speakers addressing issues of interest to human service professionals.
- Roundtables and other networking opportunities are available
- Through advocacy efforts, human service providers connect with legislators and other elected and appointed officials.
- Awards are given each year to managers, direct care staff, board members and volunteers to recognize their commitment and quality in the field.
- Research on the impact of the human service industry is organized and published.
- The Human Service Forum offers a web-based consultant directory that nonprofits can use to search for consultants.