This training is a part of our popular Supervisory Certificate Series and is open for individual registrations.
This workshop will instill the tools needed to understand the financial components of management and clearly and confidently communicate financial information to others in the workplace. New supervisors will learn a basic understanding of accounting and budgeting process and explore the importance of assessing and managing different types of risks that impact supervisors and their organizations. Gain insights on how to mitigate and reduce risks in programs to ensure an effective and efficient delivery of services to clients.
- Budgeting process and its importance to program managers
- Compliance requirements from funding sources
- Internal controls and how they can help you
- Fraud risks and what to look out for
- Understanding and explaining benefits to employees
Social Work CEUs available for purchase ($15) when registering online.
This workshop is being presented by a team of Finance and Insurance experts.
Whittlesey Advising: Timothy Gaines, Thomas Dowling, and Chris Wisneski,
Insurance Center of New England: Benjamin Garvey and Valerie Francis